Inspection of technical installations and assessment of the energy efficiency of buildings (certification)
IMQ inspects buildings for the (mandatory and voluntary) certification of technical installations, as well as for energy efficiency assessments of buildings and installations.
Certification of buildings
Authorisation of fitness for habitation (main certification)
Conformity of systems (main certification)
IMQ can conduct environmental assessments of acoustic and electromagnetic pollution, measure the energy efficiency of buildings and monitor for any polluting substances. Main assessments include:
- noise in working environments
- electromagnetic field measurements
- radon risk
Energy audits and certification
Energy certification for buildings, which is the main way of providing objective evidence of energy consumption, is a document issued by third parties which clearly indicates the energy characteristics of a building and its systems, following a procedure based on legislative decrees nos. 192/2005 and 311/2006 (implementing the European Directive 2002/91/EC on the energy performance of buildings).
The energy certification procedure for buildings comprises the following stages:
- energy assessment of buildings, based on field measurements and analytical calculations of energy requirements
- classification of buildings based on legal values and/or reference standards
- production of the energy certificate and plate to affix indicating the building’s energy rating. The certificate indicates the energy class of the building as well as the most significant and cost-effective actions to take to improve a building's energy performance.